According to Vedic astrology, Shani Bhagavan is one of the nine Navagraha or planets. Shani is considered to be the strongest malefic and a stern teacher who represents patience, effort, endeavour, and endurance; and who brings restrictions and misfortunes. However, a favourably placed Shani on the horoscope of a person stands for a strong career, healthy life and everything positive for that person. Sani/ Shani (Sanskrit ) is one of the Navagraha which are the nine primary celestial beings in Hindu astrology, or Jyoti?a. Shani is embodied in the planet Saturn. Shani is the Lord of Saturday; the word Shani also denotes the seventh day or Saturday in most Indian languages. The word Shani / sani comes Shanaye Kramati Sa: , the one who moves slowly, as Saturn takes about 30 years to revolve around the Sun. Shani is also known as Shanaishwar Shani Bhagavan, Shaneesvara, Saneesvara, Shaneesvaran, Shani Deva.
Temples for Sani / Shani in India:
* Shree Shanaishchara Temple,Near Mangalore International Airport, Mangalore, Karnataka
* Shree Shani Mahatma temple, Pavagada, Tumkur District, Karnataka State.
* Shree Shani Mahatma temple, Kathriguppe, Bangalore, Karnataka State.
* Lord Shani Temple, Gwalior Kokilavan, Vrindavan.
* Shree Shani Temple Beedh, Maharastra.
* Shree Shani Kshetra Nastanpur, Maharastra.
* Shree Shani Kshetra Model Tirth Nandur bar, Maharastra.
* Shree Shani Kshetra Rameshwar Tirth.
* Shree Shani Tirth Tirunalaru, Puducherry.
* Shree Shani Mandir Tirth, Ujjain.
* Shree Shani Shingnapur, Maharastra.
* Shree Shani Tirth Kshetra, Asola, Fatehpur Beri, Mehrauli, Delhi.
* Shree Sidh Shakti Peeth ShaniDham,
* Shree Shani Temple, Madivala, Bangalore
* Shanaischara Temple Hassan
* Sree Shanimahatma Temple, Sayyajirao road, Mysore.
* Sree Shanimahatma Temple, Rajendra nagar (Kesara), Mysore.
* Sree Shaneeswara Temple, NandiWaddemanu, Nagarkurnool, Andhra Pradesh.
* Sree Shani Temple, Hathla, Jamnagar District, Gujarat
* sri saneeswaralayam, veerannapalem, parchoor mandal, prakasam (dist) Andhra Pradesh.
* Sri shaneeswaralayam, Mandapalli village, East-Godavari dist, Andhra Pradesh, India.
* Sri Shaneeswara Temple, Gunjur Village, next to Varthur, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
* Sri Shaneeswara Temple, Kannanmangala Village, next to Belthur, Near Sri Sathya Sai Ashram, Whitfield, Bangalore, Karnataka, India
* Sri Shaneeswara Temple,on the way to Chikka thirupathi, Bangalore, Samethahalli,Karnataka, India
* Sri Shaneeswara Temple, Tirupathi, near Tirupathi bus stand, Andhra Pradesh, India
* Sri Shaneeswara Temple, Kangra, Himachal Pradesh, India
* Sri Shaneeswara Temple, Hosur Main Road, Next to Hosa Road, Basapura Village, Bangalore, India
* Sri Shaneeswara temple, Whitefield, near Savana Hotel,Bangalore,India
* Sri Abhaya Shaneeswara Temple(1956) Ramurthy Nagar,India
* Sri Shanaischara Temple – Ramurthy Nagar,Bangalore,India
* Sri Shanaishcara Temple – Hebbal, Under Hebba Flyover,Bangalore,India
* Sri Shanaishcara Temple – Adambakkam,Chennai,India
* Sri Shanaishcara Tample – Near Dell (White Gopura at Next signal )Kormangala Intermediate Ring Road
* Sri Shanaishcara Tample – Near Natungunj,BANKURA,WESTBENGAL